The medical writer for your scientific papers, book chapters, meeting abstracts, or white papers needs to clearly present your hypothesis, results, and their significance in a fair-balanced, convincing manner.
To hone my scientific writing skills, I have earned the Essential Skills Certificate from the American Medical Writers Association. It requires passing 8 courses on various aspects of writing clear, concise medical prose.
Your scientific journal article also benefits from the writer’s full understanding of the peer review process.
Lancet, J. National Cancer Institute, Cancer Research, Cancer Gene Therapy, Human Gene Therapy, Infection and Immunity, Inflammation Research, International Journal of Cancer, J. of Leukocyte Biology, J. Virol., J. of Neuroscience, and Molecular Therapy.
I incorporate my knowledge gained as a reviewer of others’ manuscripts into the writing of your scientific papers.
I have written or edited more than 120 manuscripts for clients who have published them in peer-reviewed journals. It's my pleasure to work with these distinguished scientists and clinicians. Here are some of the journals that have published my clients' articles:
J. Clin. Oncol. Impact factor: 32.956
J. Hepatology: 20.582
J Amer Chem Soc (JACS): 14.612
Ann. Rheum. Dis.: 12.350
J. Clinical Invest: 11.864
J. Exp. Med.: 11.743
Clin. Cancer Res.: 10.107
Arthritis and Rheum.: 9.586
Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci USA: 9.412
Cancer Research: 9.130
Molecular Ther.: 8.986
Med. Res. Rev.: 8.763
Aging Cell: 7.236
Amer. J. Transplant.: 7.163
J. Invest. Dermat.: 7.143
BMC Medicine: 6.782
J Clin Microbiology: 5.897
Br. J. Haematol: 5.518
Stem Cell Reviews: 5.316
J. Immunology: 4.886
J. Virology: 4.501, and
Age, Aging Cell, Agents and Actions, Amer. J. Emerg. Med., Amer. J. Med. B, Amer. J. Transplant., Anesthesiology, Annuals of Thoracic Surgery, Ann. Rheum. Dis., Arthritis Rheum., Biochem Biophys Acta, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., Biol. Res. Nursing, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Blood, BMC Med., Cancer Gene Therapy, Cancer Research, Clinical and Experimental Immunology, Clinical Cancer Research, Clinical Dysmorphology, Clin. Dev. Immunol., Curr. Genomics, Cytokine, Dermatology Surgery, Epigenetics, Gene Therapy, Gene Therapy and Molecular Biology, Human Gene Therapy, Immunobiology, Inflammation Research, Int. J. Immunopharmacology, J. Amer. Chemical Society (JACS), J Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, J. Clin. Cell Immunol., J Clin Endocrinol Metab, J. Clin. Oncol., J. Experimental Medicine, J. Immunology, J. Invest. Dermatology, J. Hepatology, J. Virology, Leuk Lymphoma, Liver Int., Mediators of Inflammation, Medical Hypothesis, Med. Res. Rev., Mol. Biol. Reports, Molecular Therapy, Neurotoxicology and Teratology, Nutrition, Oncogene, PLoS ONE, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Radiother. Oncol., Rheumatology, Sci. Rep. Stem Cell Rev., Townsend Letters for Physicians and Patients, Transplantation, Transplantation Proceedings, Vaccine, and Virology
My scientific writing style is easily viewed in the scientific journal articles or publications in clinical journals where I was the corresponding author.
For your convenience, here are 11 of the 20 scientific articles on which I was the corresponding author and their Pubmed links.
15. Molnar-Kimber, K.L., Jarocki-Witek, V., Vernon S.K., Conley, A.J., Davis, and Hung, P.P. (1988). Distinctive Properties of Hepatitis B envelope proteins expressed by Recombinant Adenoviruses.
J. Virol. 62: 407-416.
These scientific papers describe some of our research on rapamycin, which is now used to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients. Rapamycin is also called sirolimus. It also has anti-tumor activity. We were one of four groups who identified the rapamycin effector protein which is now commonly called mTOR.
28. Chen, Y., Chen, H., Rhoad, A.E. Warner, L., Caggiano, T., Failli, A., Zhang, H., Hsiao, C.L., Nakanishi, K. and Molnar-Kimber, K. L. (1994). Isolation of A Putative Sirolimus (Rapamycin) Effector Protein.
Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 203: 1-7.
33. Molnar-Kimber, K.L. (1996) Mechanism of Action of Rapamycin. Transplantation Proceedings 28: 964-969.
These scientific papers describe our research on gene therapy for cancer.
37. Molnar-Kimber, K.L., Sterman, D.H., Chang, M, ElBash, M, Elshami, A.E., Gelfand,K., Kang, E, Wilson, J.M., Kaiser, L.R., and Albelda, S.M. (1998) Impact of Pre-Existing and Induced Humoral and Cellular Immune Responses in an Adenoviral-based Gene Therapy Phase 1 Clinical Trial for Localized Malignancy (Mesothelioma)
Human Gene Therapy 9: 2121-2133.
38. Coukos, G., Caparrelli, D.J., Makrigiannakis, A., Abbas, A.E., Kaiser, L.R., Rubin, S.C., Albelda, S.M., and K. L. Molnar-Kimber. (1999) Use of Producer cells to deliver a replication-selective herpes simplex virus-1 mutant for treatment of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Clinical Cancer Research 5:1523-1537.
41. Toyoizumi, T., Mick, R., Abbas, AE, Kang, EH, Kaiser, LR, Molnar-Kimber, KL. 1999. Combined therapy with Chemotherapeutic Agents and Herpes Simpex Type 1 ICP34.5 mutant (HSV-1716) in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Human Gene Therapy 10(18):3013-29
42. Coukos, G., Makrigiannakis, A., Kaiser, L.R., Rubin, S.C., Albelda, S.M., and K. L. Molnar-Kimber. (2000) Treatment of Epithelial Ovarian Cancer with Multi-attenuated Herpes Simplex Virus-1 Mutant, G207. Cancer Gene Therapy 7: 275-283.
44. Lambright, E.S., Kang, E.H., Force, S., Lanuti, M., Caparrelli, D.J., Kaiser, L.R., Albelda, S.M., and Molnar-Kimber, K.L. (2000). Effect of Pre-existing anti-herpes immunity on the efficacy of herpes simplex viral therapy in a murine intraperitoneal tumor model. Mol. Therapy 2:387-393.
53. Molnar-Kimber, K.L. and Kimber, C.T. (2012) Each Type of Cause that Initiates Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA Flares Differentially Affects Response to Therapy. Medical Hypotheses 78:123-129 (doi:10.1016/j.mehy.2011.10.006).
54. Molnar-Kimber, K.L. (2012) Effects of Smoking on Immunologic and Skeletal mechanisms Involved in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Responses of Various Biologic Therapies for RA. J. Clin Cell. 2012 S6 Immunol. http://omicsonline.org/effects-of-smoking-on-immunologic-and-skeletal-mechanisms-involved-in-rheumatoid-arthritis-2155-9899.S6-003.pdf
55. Kimber, O., Cromley, J.C., and Molnar-Kimber, K.L. (2018) Let your ideas flow: Using flow charts to convey methods and implications of the results in laboratory exercises, articles, posters, and slide presentations. J. Microbiol. Biol. Educ. March 2018 vol. 19 no. 1 doi:10.1128/jmbe.v19i1.1477. Note special issue on science communication.
A list of my 50+ published scientific papers shows a broad experience in diverse therapeutic areas including immunology, oncology, virology, transplantation, alternative medicine, nutrition, and gene therapy.